No FiOS in New Neighborhood
drunknfairy

Hello,

I live in Waldorf, Maryland and I currently have FIOS (25up/25down and thinking to upgrade in the new home) internet and my family and I LOVE IT!!!

The house is hardwired and wirelessly configured for internet by a cheerful and professional Verizon-contracted installer.

We stream video via internet, Netflix-enabled TVs, Roku, video-on demand and DVR services TV service, download, upload, game online with XBOX360 and Playstation3, work from home, Skype, etc. all simultaneously with no lag! We have never been happier with an ISP (internet service provider).

However...as our family has grown we are now waiting to move to a newly built neighborhood about 15minutes (or less) from Washington DC. I went to the Verizon website to setup moving my service and the address was not available in the system, it is a new home so I thought maybe it is not registered in whatever database yet.  So I contacted Verizon about moving our service to the new house and the representative stated that NO high speed internet service is available AT ALL for our home, no FIOS, not even DSL.

A brand new housing development and no high speed internet? Maybe if we were in the middle of nowhere I could understand, but we are 15 minutes away from Washington DC.  So I ask the representative when internet would be available, to summarize the answer was essentially "I don't know, probably not anytime soon."

Either this was an oversight on the part of the builder or Verizon, but I would think ignoring a brand new neighborhood full of existing and potentially new customers is an extremely bad business practice.

I have spoken with some of the neighbors and we would love to have Verizon FIOS, but alas we are relegated to living like technological hermits off the grid. I am not looking forward to moving without my FIOS.

I would like to officially request that FIOS be installed in the neighborhood, or at least receive a projection of when it will be available so the neighborhood familes can have a light at the end of the tunnel to aspire to.  The Preserve at Braemar Accokeek, MD 20607

Thank you,

Deparately seeking high speed internet

0 Likes
Re: No FiOS in New Neighborhood
amyowensby

I completely understand yoru situation.  We've lived for over  three years without highspeed connection and can literally throw a rock to houses that have it with another carrier.  But the line litearlly runs down the other side of the road, leaving us out.  I[m so frustrated and can't get an answer from a real person that actually knows something.  Good Luck!

0 Likes