No Verizon FIOS Discounts for Existing Customers
rexchaos

Hello,

Signed up for Verizon a year ago (new customer), but felt like a scam recently. When I signed up a year ago, I experienced lots of issues regarding signup, was trying to just get the Verizon Fios 50/50 MBPS speeds for the advertised price of $54.99, 2 year contract. However when I called in, the representatives kept messing up my order and kept me pinned under the 100/100 MBPS even after multiple representatives and wasted 2-3 hours for a simple plan as a result.  After several representatives, for the inconvenience, Verizon gave me the 100MBPS plan for the price of a 50/50 MBPS plan. They applied multiple discounts to my account, with promise that there is a possibility of future discounts when my current discounts expire after a year. I agreed to a 2YR contract with Verizon because of this. However after a year later, when I called in to inquire about discounts as I am paying more for my current 100MBPS plan than new customers, they said that they DO NOT and never offer discounts for existing customers. I understand that the representative I spoke to a year ago said that there was a possibility, but after a year later, they said that they DO NOT and never do discounts on existing plans. This whole thing sounds like a sham as Verizon employees are allowed to say whatever to goad consumers into switching, and could do not care about existing consumer's pricing once they switched. Lastly, even if I downgraded my service to 50MBPS, the pricing would still be the same because I am not eligable new customer anymore and the price of my services do not equate the service provided.

Regards,

a verizon consumer

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Verizon FIOS Feels like a scam
jonjones1
Legend

@rexchaos wrote:

Hey Jonjones,

I understand that prices are fluctuating, but it is ridiculous that even if i "downgrade" my service to 50/50, I would still be paying the same. I knew that the discounts would expire but honestly if I knew that they do not in any circumstance add discounts onto existing customer's plans, I wouldn't have switched from Comcast/Optimum. It's the small things that causes consumers to switch, and in my case it was the possibiity of discounts for the pricing.

There is nothing wrong with trying to save money. In cases like this I would simply get a credit worthy person to go to the fios web portal and sign up as a new customer and say the person is moving out. Then you can have Gigabyte 1024/1024 speeds for what I posted previously.

even cable companies keep raising rates every 6 months so it is the same with other services.

cable offers 60/100/300 speeds with prices starting at $30 if you bundle or $60/$100/$300 for each stand alone speed offering. And the up load speed is around 2/5/10 so remember what they offer.

the $60 for 60 plan maybe worth it to you. But it is not apples to apples but apples to oranges.

if you visit this forum https://www.dslreports.com/forum//vzdirect

they may be able to work out a deal with you. They are real Verizon support.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@rexchaos wrote:

Hello,

Signed up for Verizon a year ago (new customer), but felt like a scam recently. When I signed up a year ago, I experienced lots of issues regarding signup, was trying to just get the Verizon Fios 50/50 MBPS speeds for the advertised price of $54.99, 2 year contract. However when I called in, the representatives kept messing up my order and kept me pinned under the 100/100 MBPS even after multiple representatives and wasted 2-3 hours for a simple plan as a result.  After several representatives, for the inconvenience, Verizon gave me the 100MBPS plan for the price of a 50/50 MBPS plan. They applied multiple discounts to my account, with promise that there is a possibility of future discounts when my current discounts expire after a year. I agreed to a 2YR contract with Verizon because of this. However after a year later, when I called in to inquire about discounts as I am paying more for my current 100MBPS plan than new customers, they said that they DO NOT and never offer discounts for existing customers. I understand that the representative I spoke to a year ago said that there was a possibility, but after a year later, they said that they DO NOT and never do discounts on existing plans. This whole thing sounds like a sham as Verizon employees are allowed to say whatever to goad consumers into switching, and could do not care about existing consumer's pricing once they switched. Lastly, even if I downgraded my service to 50MBPS, the pricing would still be the same because I am not eligable new customer anymore and the price of my services do not equate the service provided.

Regards,

a verizon consumer

Unfortunately when you signed up as a customer the prices were written down as to how long the account discounts apply.

in my account it states my $5 discount ends in August 2017 and my $25 discount ends in 2018 at that time my Gigabyte service will cost $153 it is clearly stated on each invoice.

you could cancel your service and put it in your wife's, girlfriend, family member or friend under the same address and get new pricing as new customer.

right now Gigabyte is $69.99 stand alone internet for 2 years. After that it raises to $84 or if you get a triple play of internet Gigabyte service, tv and phone for $79.99 and for a double play it's $74.99 Gigabyte internet and tv or phone.

again the prices vary.

Prices are never the same for existing customers since Verizon is trying to get people to sign up,

Good Luck

0 Likes
rexchaos

Hey Jonjones,

I understand that prices are fluctuating, but it is ridiculous that even if i "downgrade" my service to 50/50, I would still be paying the same. I knew that the discounts would expire but honestly if I knew that they do not in any circumstance add discounts onto existing customer's plans, I wouldn't have switched from Comcast/Optimum. It's the small things that causes consumers to switch, and in my case it was the possibiity of discounts for the pricing.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@rexchaos wrote:

Hey Jonjones,

There is nothing wrong with trying to save money. In cases like this I would simply get a credit worthy person to go to the fios web portal and sign up as a new customer and say the person is moving out. Then you can have Gigabyte 1024/1024 speeds for what I posted previously.

even cable companies keep raising rates every 6 months so it is the same with other services.

cable offers 60/100/300 speeds with prices starting at $30 if you bundle or $60/$100/$300 for each stand alone speed offering. And the up load speed is around 2/5/10 so remember what they offer.

the $60 for 60 plan maybe worth it to you. But it is not apples to apples but apples to oranges.

if you visit this forum https://www.dslreports.com/forum//vzdirect

they may be able to work out a deal with you. They are real Verizon support.

0 Likes
NoNoVerizon

Just happened to me.  I signed for $39.99 plan but now after 2 years my bill says $124.99 with $55 discount. I don’t know if it’s OK to treat loyal customers like a **bleep**. I feel myself so bad so lm going to cancel and would never again deal with Verizon. 

0 Likes
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus

In order to keep discussion on the community current, this topic has been locked to prevent new replies. If you have a similar question or issue that you wish to discuss, then please feel free to post a new message on the most relevant board. Thanks!

0 Likes