No internet... at all?
vickaronomie

So, today is the day where the internet (the actual connection from the phone jack to the modem) decides not to work at all, no matter how many times I turn it on or off or whatever. Is there something going on in my location, where some maintenance is being done? Or am I just paying $49 for a home network? What do I do? Wait it out? Why wasn't there any warning? >:/

0 Likes
Re: No internet... at all?
vickaronomie

To sum it up: I have no internet access. The network is fine, I connect to the modem. The internet, from the phoneline, isn't connected. I don't know what to do.

(I'm connected to someone else's internet.)

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Have you contacted Verizon for tech support?

http://www.verizon.com/contactus

prisaz
Legend

@vickaronomie wrote:

So, today is the day where the internet (the actual connection from the phone jack to the modem) decides not to work at all, no matter how many times I turn it on or off or whatever. Is there something going on in my location, where some maintenance is being done? Or am I just paying $49 for a home network? What do I do? Wait it out? Why wasn't there any warning? >:/

"Why wasn't there any warning? >:/"

Sometimes things just break. Could be a down tree, or pole somewhere took out the service. Bad modem? Does your phone service work?

http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

nodslinternet
Enthusiast - Level 1

ElizabethS,

Continuing to refer people to Verizon Tech Support is a dead end for resolving this issue. All Tech Support does is waste the customers time running thru "line tests" and other canned troubleshooting scripts from India or the Philippines. The DSL Internet connect issue is a local problem in the Central office. Verizon knows this is where the problem exists, but your customer service follow-thru is so disfunctional that customers continue to not receive the service they are paying for ...

I have been without Internet access (randomly drops in and out) now for over 2 months. A Verizon technician came to my home and verified that the problem is not on my end. Verizon kept the ticket open and stated they would get back to me with a resolution. Guess what ... no follow-up and the problem continues. Fundamental to the problem is you cannot get to a "local" person to talk to about the issue, only Tech Support overseas, who then want to go thru the same drill all over again.

If anyone that matters at Verizon reads these posts, and cares at all about the customer, I'd appreciate a call.