No internet for 3 days and no updates
Cqpphoenix
Enthusiast - Level 2
On Friday June 20 I called once again verizon with slow internet .20 at this time I pay for 1.0 because there is not anything higher in my region. They resurrect my old ticket that went to the central office the prior week and was solved for 5 days until it fell again. While central office was attempting to improve the speed the internet went completely out. The verizon representative was surprised and asked if she could call me back with 30min. Today Sunday I have NOT heard back from the central office - I called 3 times on Friday and Verizon denied to connect with the central office - the last customer service I spoke to on the 20th promised that I would hear something from the central office by June 22 5pm - I had to wait - I called again on Sunday and same answer you will be fixed or hear from verizon by 5pm - well I did not hear from anyone- I called at 5:40 and was once again disappointed with no solution of my problem - I asked to escalate the issue to a manager or director and the supervisor told me he was the higher up in charge and that I had to wait until tomorrow!!!!!!! Is not that I do not want to wait is that waiting is all that I have done since Friday 8am!!!! I feel abused by verizon - angry and frustrated!!!!! Can someone look into my account and take responsibility if following up and call me back! I want to file a formal complaint to to all employees that did not follow up accordantly to your police and the employees that transferred me to other departments without taking care of the case as they could have!
0 Likes
Re: No internet for 3 days and no updates
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Cqpphoenix,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Cqpphoenix,

Since we have not heard back from you, we have closed out your support case. If you still require assistance, please feel free to post on this original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
Cqpphoenix
Enthusiast - Level 2

Actually you did hear back from me but was in a private message. I said that my speed is unbearable 0.30 - 0.70. I asked when fios was coming to this area since the verizon rep told me that Verizon will not invest in improving the DSL since is an old system. The internet box in my area is maxout and has being maxout for years. I just want to ask for a timeline for fios - would not be an urgent matter when clients canno even get to 1.0 speed? Also why did verizon increased my bill to $5.00 more a month. I don't get what verizon 1.0 promisse and I still have to pay more? A rep told me that that would adjust my bill since I was without internet for 5 days total. Did that take place?  If this case gets close is because verizon chooses not to do anything else about it - (schedule fios to this area) .... that does not mean it solved my compalint , concern of slow internet!!! 

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Step one: Visit http://www.giganews.com/line_info.html and post up the Traceroute the page shows, if you wish. Be aware that your non-bogan public IP Address will show up.  It might shown up as the final hop (bottom-most line of the trace)  might contain a hop with your IP address in it. Either remove that line or show only the first two octets. What I'm looking for is a line that mentions "ERX" in it's name towards the end. If for some reason the trace does not complete (two lines full of Stars), keep the trace route intact.

For example this what I saw when I was using Verizon

news.giganews.com

traceroute to 71.242.*.* (71.242.*.*), 30 hops max, 60 byte packets
    1 gw1-g-vlan201.dca.giganews.com (216.196.98.4) 13 ms 13 ms 13 ms
    2 ash-bb1-link.telia.net (213.248.70.241) 39 ms 7 ms 7 ms
    3 TenGigE0-2-0-0.GW1.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.125.125.41) 4 ms 4 ms GigabitEthernet2-0-0.GW8.IAD8.ALTER.NET (63.65.76.189) 4 ms
    4 so-7-1-0-0.PHIL-CORE-RTR1.verizon-gni.net (130.81.20.137) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    5 P3-0-0.PHIL-DSL-RTR11.verizon-gni.net (130.81.13.170) 6 ms 6 ms 6 ms
    6 static-71-242-*-*.phlapa.east.verizon.net (71.242.*.*) 32 ms 32 ms 33 ms

Step two: Can you provide the Transceiver Statistics from your modem?

#3 If you don't know how to get that info:

a) What is the brand and model of your modem?

b) If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to it: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

#4 If you have a RJ-45 WAN port router connected to the modem, even if you know how to get the Transceiver Statistics from the modem: What is the brand and model of the RJ-45 WAN port router?

0 Likes