No way to report downed wire
Yi2

I have downed FIOS wires in front yard which blocks the road.  I tried to reach you by phone, but was put on hold for 2hr, still no answers. I tried online chat and was told my waiting time would be 16hr.  The downed wire on the road is  dangerous,  what shall I do?

0 Likes
Re: No way to report downed wire
TimmyMac

I am having the exact same issue. I think the snow weighed the wire down and then it got clipped by a passing truck. In addition to no service in my house, the local fire department came out and cleared the cables out of the road. I feel like Verizon would want ot know this, but I can't get through to anyone!

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

http://www.vzdownwire.com

Try the above link 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

http://www.vzdownwire.com

Try the above link, or call your local police department.

0 Likes
Yi2

Thank you for your suggestion. Local police temperarily fixed the issue, I will need to report to Verizon for permanent repair. The link you provided is for Newark, NJ, I am in Massachusetts. Still struggling on how to report to Verizon.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Yeah I noticed that for NJ. However it is still a Verizon link for service.

others have used it from this forum and said they got a repair ticket. I just don’t know if it’s correct or not.

i knew the Police suggestion would work.

0 Likes
debba2

I'm having the same issue.  There doesn't seem to be a way online to report it.  At least none I can find.

0 Likes
Rynbill

You are not alone, although we were able to contact them. We have had no service for a week. Technician was scheduled to come yesterday between 12 and 2, confirmed by text by Verizon in the morning. Did not show up. No more communications; Verizon has gone dark. Outrageous that we pay for this service, of which there is none. This is the worst company I have ever had to deal with.

0 Likes