Not getting 100/100 upgrade any more after service outage
jcdrisco
Enthusiast - Level 1

I began a 50/50 Verizon FiOS plan in September 2017.  They not only met that speed, but exceeded it slightly.  Verizon gave me a free upgrade to a 100/100 plan in August 2018.  My speeds nearly doubled, and were indeed near 100/100.  From November to December, I had an 18 day service outage.  The problem was not my equipment or wiring; the local repair manager informed me that a network software glitch apparently caused my ONT to point to the hub in the basement of another building.  Once my service was restored, it reverted to the 50/50 speeds.  The local technicians say it's some kind of an account problem, but the customer service people either on the phone or online say it's a technical issue.  Moreover, they can't just remove the upgrade and reapply it, because the resulting account change would remove the discounts I received when I started the service.  Any ideas on how to proceed?  I'm about ready to give up on the issue.  And any more service outages will lead me to switch to Comcast.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
100/100 upgrade problem solved
jcdrisco
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue I reported earlier in this forum has been solved.  During the private chat I was directed to, Juan determined that the removal of a discount had also accidentally removed the 100/100 speed upgrade from teh account.  When the ONT reset, it then defaulted back to 50/50 speed.  Juan put me on a new plan for the same amount I was paying (albeit on a contract), and as of this morning I'm again getting 100/100 speeds.  I now know to come to this forum earlier if there are future problems--in two phone calls and two chats, Juan was the first person to fully understand the problem, diagnose its cause, and offer a solution.  Thank you.

View solution in original post

Re: Not getting 100/100 upgrade any more after service outage
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi jcdrisco,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
100/100 upgrade problem solved
jcdrisco
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue I reported earlier in this forum has been solved.  During the private chat I was directed to, Juan determined that the removal of a discount had also accidentally removed the 100/100 speed upgrade from teh account.  When the ONT reset, it then defaulted back to 50/50 speed.  Juan put me on a new plan for the same amount I was paying (albeit on a contract), and as of this morning I'm again getting 100/100 speeds.  I now know to come to this forum earlier if there are future problems--in two phone calls and two chats, Juan was the first person to fully understand the problem, diagnose its cause, and offer a solution.  Thank you.