Not getting the speeds I should?
TheTenthDoctor
Enthusiast - Level 2

The last couple of days my internet connection was great.  2.8 MBPS.  Which is still slower than a lot of areas, but better than I had been getting.

Then today it went back to the 1.5 MBPS.  Which is a major difference.  Is Verizon deliberately not giving me the speeds it should?  I mean I know we'll never get FIOS in our area because Verizon simply doesn't care about customers who don't live in big cities.  But I'd like to get better than 1.5 MBPS.  

Is there some reason Verizon was better yesterday, and all of a sudden it's gone back to the way it was?  I mean it's ridiculous that they can't get at least 3 MBPS everywhere.  Especially with how much they advertise freaking' Fios.  Which again, will never come here.  

0 Likes
Re: Not getting the speeds I should?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon has an optimizer from ASSIA networks which can be a little overzealous with how much speed it either provides or takes away.

Try asking Verizon support to disable the optimizer, and then set your speed to whatever the line can support. 3Mbps is obvious - if you can go for 5Mbps+ that'd be better.

0 Likes