Onestep.m found by Verizon Internet Security and can not remove
Annie37
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Internet Security Suite has found Onestep.m on my laptop during a scan. It is classified as a POP. It can not remove it. I can not find the file on my computer to try to manually remove.  Staples quoted a possible $199 to remove it. Any ideas??? 

Thanks

Annie3 

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Onestep.m found by Verizon Internet Security and can not remove
Annie37
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon and they put me through to McAfee. In safe mode, the two malware files were visible and found by following the file path given on the scan report. They were in the IE5 temporary folder.  The McAfee tech deleted one and I was able to delete the other.  Now the scan runs clean!!!

View solution in original post

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader
Run MalwareBytes Anti-Malware and SUPERAntiSpyware on your PC. Both have free versions and should clean up anything.
SandyRai
Enthusiast - Level 1

I guess the following McAfee and Norton online documents could provide you the required instructions to remove Onestep Adware from the PC:

http://www.symantec.com/business/security_response/writeup.jsp?docid=2008-112613-5052-99&tabid=3

http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_347189.htm

Annie37
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the post. I should have mentioned that I ran both of the free programs that you mentioned and they did not even pick up the Onestep.m.

Annie37
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks for the post. I had taken a look at the registry and didn't see anything. I think altering the registry is beyond my ability.  I will probably end up calling Verizon. It is srange the computer that I hardly ever use ends up with the malware. 

Annie37
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called Verizon and they put me through to McAfee. In safe mode, the two malware files were visible and found by following the file path given on the scan report. They were in the IE5 temporary folder.  The McAfee tech deleted one and I was able to delete the other.  Now the scan runs clean!!!