Organizing exterior wiring and other questions
Twnt70s

Hello everyone,

Hope all is well. My name is Jose and I am interested in some advice on how to organize the outside wiring from the ONT. The wiring looks scattered and unsure what is need and what isn’t. I can there is what looks like a phone cable that goes into the ONT but is cut off and not connected to anything. I assume I can remove this however want to be sure. Some help identifying the other cables and wires would be appreciated. I attached some photos for better understanding.

Also, I have a coax cable and ethernet connected to ONT and both go to router. Which is receiving or sending signal? If I remove the coax cable signal to the upstairs range extender is cut off but main modem still functions with just ether Ethernet.

Thank you.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Organizing exterior wiring and other questions
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Seeing the pictures now. Yeah everything is needed. Power, coax, and ethernet, but phone you can get rid of. Just needs to be cleaned up. That enclosure is also the wrong one for that ONT. You might want to just make an appointment with Verizon. 

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't see the pictures until the mod approves them, but the ethernet is your connection to the internet. The coax has to stay connected to the router so the extender works. You also need coax for all the STBs if you have FiOS TV. You can get rid phone wire if it is dead. 

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Seeing the pictures now. Yeah everything is needed. Power, coax, and ethernet, but phone you can get rid of. Just needs to be cleaned up. That enclosure is also the wrong one for that ONT. You might want to just make an appointment with Verizon.