Over the phone sales vs Verizon web-site
ivanm13

Why do Verizon over the phone support people offer deals that are worse than the deals available on the web-site.

This lack of consistency/transperancy is very upsetting to me as existing Verizon Customer.

I noticed this when i was trying to set up my initial account (ended up doing everything through Verizon web-site)... and just today when i wanted to downgrade my service i was met with a rather poor attempt to hoodwinkle me into an offer which definitely does not have the best value.

Online experience is also not optimal cheaper options such as 75mbs internet are hidden and over the phone personal claims it's not available and 100mbs is the cheapest option.

It seems that over the phone sales team works on commission? Why would you do it for existing customers. 

0 Likes
Re: Over the phone sales vs Verizon web-site
jonjones1
Legend

@ivanm13 wrote:

Why do Verizon over the phone support people offer deals that are worse than the deals available on the web-site.

This lack of consistency/transperancy is very upsetting to me as existing Verizon Customer.

I noticed this when i was trying to set up my initial account (ended up doing everything through Verizon web-site)... and just today when i wanted to downgrade my service i was met with a rather poor attempt to hoodwinkle me into an offer which definitely does not have the best value.

Online experience is also not optimal cheaper options such as 75mbs internet are hidden and over the phone personal claims it's not available and 100mbs is the cheapest option.

It seems that over the phone sales team works on commission? Why would you do it for existing customers. 

I would only do it over the net. Much simpler and it gives instant pricing and sends confirmation almost immediately. The other ways are not good since it’s to make money by hook or by crook. No contract and no auto payment and no direct sales is the way to go.

0 Likes