PATHETIC DSL and even WORSE Customer "Service"
HMS_1661inDC
Enthusiast - Level 1

A week ago we had a thunder storm and my DSL went whacky.  I've been dealing with the English-impaired **bleep** at the various Verizon call centers since then.  Twice the ticket was closed without Verizon doing a thing to resolve the issue.  Today some FOOL came to my house, messed around with the wiring in the baseboard for over an hour, swapped out the modem and then concluded the answer was to downgrade me to a slower internet service.

If Verizon thinks I'm paying for this "service" call, they have another think coming.  Instead of trying to figure out what happend to THEIR system in the storm that made my 7mb line suddenly stop working correctly, their trained monkey took the easy way out -- shift the customer to a slower line and close the ticket.  Move on to screw over the next customer.

I am so **bleep** that you can't get an English-speaking person at Verizon on the phone anymore.  Nobody who can do anything but go by a script and ask insulting questions like "did you plug a filter in between the wall and your DSL modem?"  Why {word filter avoidance} would I do that?!  I've had this service (for better or worse) for 10+ years and suddenly I wake up one morning and decide to plug a filter in between the modem & the wall socket?!  **bleep**?!

Verizon owes me the 7mb service I had before the storm, an apology, and a whopping refund for the aggrevation and inconvenience.  (FYI I'm not holding my breath, because they obviously don't {word filter avoidance} about their customers.)

**bleep**

Re: PATHETIC DSL and even WORSE Customer "Service"
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi HMS_1661inDC,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

HMS_1661inDC,

We haven't heard back from you in awhile & the last we heard from you it did seem that your issue had been resolved.  As a result, we've closed your private support case at this time.  Should you require further assistance, please go ahead and create a new post.

Thanks,

Paul C.

0 Likes
MysteryB
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe he went on vacation but didn't inform you people.

0 Likes