POOR Internet Service in State College PA
morganna
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have been complaining to Verizon since May 2011 about getting constantly dropped from my DSL internet. I have submitted numerous tickets and it still isn't fixed. Well I recently found out why. Because the 'hub" in State College PA, which provides my internet service, doesn't have enough servers because Verizon keeps extending their service into outlying areas but refuses to get more servers to provide service to these areas. There are people who apparently man these servers and 'move customers around' on different servers all day long. On weekends the service REALLY sucks because no one is manning these servers. Now...this is 2011... GET IT FIXED!! I cannot believe this and am outraged at the service provided. I pay you people 300-400$ every month for DSL, cell phones and landline and I am extremely annoyed at this service. Don't tell me the funds aren't there. The trouble tickets aren't going to get fixed if you don't get more servers in this area. Don't be stupid or lax in providing customers the service they pay for. I got dropped less when I had dial up! It took Verizon probably 10 years to finally get new cell phone towers in my area. I don't want to wait that long for you people to get up to date with the internet. GET WITH IT!

Re: POOR Internet Service in State College PA
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

I might be able to get this solved for you. Having Verizon move people onto different servers or circuits sounds unreal. That is normaly a process that takes a few minutes per line if it isn't already automated, and I'm sure their techs have much better things to be doing rather than playing around with circuits like that.

Provide the Transceiver Statistics from your Westell 6100 (since it's easiest to get the stats from), and also run a Line Quality test from DSLReports' Tools section and provide those results. The Transceiver Statistics can be found at http://192.168.1.1/ , choosing System Monitoring, Advnaced Monitors, and then Transceiver Statistics. If you need a login for the modem, try the following:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/Modem's Serial Number

Your Verizon Username and Password

0 Likes