PS4 -> Netgear AX1800 -> Fios ONT connection issues
MagmaDoctor

I have been having problems connecting to the internet through PS4. I installed a netgear AX1800 (wifi6) router a few weeks before switching to FIOS and the PS4 worked with it just fine. This week I got Fios installed and sometimes it can't resolve an IP. I wonder if there is some kind of Fios DNS or port blocking issues that are happening that stops the PS4 from connecting easily.

After a few tries of switching between 2.4 and 5ghz signals, I usually am able to connect. I think the fios performance for my PS4 is surprisingly poor compared to my other devices, which have no problem functioning. The PS4 speed test is showing around 70/10 whereas my cell phone and laptop (wifi ac standard devices) show around 170/170 and my router's speed test is showing 300/300. When I am connected, it seems like 2.4ghz works better, using WPA2-PSK( AES) , No Proxy, NAT type 2.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: PS4 -> Netgear AX1800 -> Fios ONT connection issues
appDev
Contributor - Level 1

When you have issues with PS4, do the other devices continue to connect?

Have you had to (probably not since its still new), have VZ reset/reboot the ONT (could be done through the automated troubleshooting menu, but using your own router makes that a little hard.

Re: PS4 -> Netgear AX1800 -> Fios ONT connection issues
MagmaDoctor

Yes they stay connected. i think its a problem with some NAT/DNS port filtering issue on Fios side. My other devices work fine but the play station has issues.

I spoke to netgear technical support and they had me change my wifi channels to less common channels and it helped improve my performance but getting an IP and routing on the first try with the PS4 is still an issue.

0 Likes