Peak times online gaming lag issue
NickLima

Hello,

I am a Verizon high speed Internet residential customer and have been having serious connection issues to a particular service for several months now.

The connection issues involve extreme lag, and even an inability to connect, to BigPoint Game's "Battlestar Galactica Online" game. The issues only occur during peak times, from 7 to 11 p.m. EST, but are severe enough that I have been unable to play the game when I'd like (and am able) to.

I've contacted the game's administrators and support and discussed the issue at length; they have concluded that the issue is on Verizon's end (and has nothing to do with my own computer), particularly since I am able to easily connect to numerous other websites, games, etc. during these times without any issues or lag.

I am posting here because I have spoken with many other indiviudals who play this particular game, and those who are Verizon customers have all noted to me they experience the same severe connection issues to "Battlestar Galactica Online" during peak times every night, an issue which has been ongoing for months. In fact, the game's support staff have specifically stated that the issue is Verizon's fault.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or can Verizon confirm that they are aware of these issues and communicating with BigPoint games to correct them? Or is there another explanation?

Thank you for your help.

0 Likes
Re: Peak times online gaming lag issue
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hey Nick,

We would like to have a look at this for you, especially when you say you have no connection issues with any other web sites.

Can you run a tracert to the game web site for us so we can do some investigating?

~Jess

0 Likes