Personal Web Space, No FTP is OK, but no access except sitebuilder built websites is NOT OK.
srylay

Is there any way to simply upload / download files to my webspace without creating a whole new website using the sitebuilder.  Basically I do not want to recreate what I already have done using a limiting tool such as sitebuilder.  Does verizon or the sitebuilder tool allow a way to simply upload files into folder that I create in my webspace.  I do not care if they do not want to allow FTP because of security reasons, I just do not want to be forced to use a tool that I do not want to use to create my website when I am already skilled at using other tools.  Does verizon want to keep customers?  This webspace was one of the features that was promoted when I decided to select verizon, and since I pay for it, why should I not be able to use the space with the tools that I want to use.  Quite frankly the FTP security reason looks like a convenient way to prevent allot of people from using their space.

0 Likes
Re: Personal Web Space, No FTP is OK, but no access except sitebuilder built websites is NOT OK.
Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

I am sorry but there is no way to upload your existing site. It must be created with site builder.

0 Likes
Re: Personal Web Space, No FTP is OK, but no access except sitebuilder built websites is NOT OK.
srylay

How do I file a formal complaint with Verizon about this matter.  I am proficient with creating websites and do not want to use a limited tool for dummies.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Write to their Manhattan office a formal letter as you would do for any other company. Their address is found in various parts of the Internet. Here it is for you:

140 West Street, Manhattan, NY 10007

Anthony_VZ
Master - Level 3

We also take suggestions on our "Share your Idea" board. This would be a perfect candidate for the Verizon Idea Exchange. Please search on the idea exchange and cast your vote. There may be another member who made the same suggestion. If not, please add a new idea so your fellow community members can comment and vote on your suggestion. http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-Idea-Exchange/ct-p/ideaexchange . The Verizon Idea Exchange is there for you to submit your ideas and suggestions to Verizon so that we can consider them as we innovate our products and services.

0 Likes
Mushishi

I couldn't agree more! I was shocked, horrified, then angry when I was visually attacked by a site that appears to have crawled out of the 90's THEN I dared to venture into "site builder". The more I "used it" the more I realized THEY DON'T WANT US TO BUILD SITES HERE OR USE THIS SERVICE!

Is Internet security too complicated, so you make everyone suffer through that abomination of a...whatever you want to call it "site builder"?

Really verizon? No FTP uploads?

0 Likes