PlayStation Vue Buffering Issues
LRH23
Enthusiast - Level 2

Every channel on PS Vue has been throttling a lot. I been having this issue for about 4 days now. PS Vue works great on my laptop though. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: PlayStation Vue Buffering Issues
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I dropped PlayStation Vue probably 6-7 months ago for that very reason. For us, PS Vue didn't buffer. It would occasionally just skip ahead anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes. Until we figured out that is what it was doing, we kept wondering what just happened and how did we miss it. There was never a "buffering" message of any kind. The issue would come and go. It would be good for weeks or months, the warp-it-forward like mad for a few weeks. My guess was that they hit capacity somewhere along the way, and it took a few weeks for them to resolve it.

Before that, we had DirecTV Now. I liked their guide and interface the best of the ones we've tried, but within a few days of getting the service, shows would just freeze and we'd have to hit play to make them continue. Sometimes this happened several times a minute. That gets old really fast. That was like a year ago now. My son just signed up with DirecTV Now and he's only had buffering once or twice in several months of using it. (They live fairly close, so if it remains reliable for them, I may go back. I really liked their interface.)

We had Sling TV for several hours, too. (Not even joking.) They didn't have the local channels even though they said they did. Didn't even make it past the free trial period.

I currently have YouTube TV as the replacement. I don't like their interface nearly as much, but with the exception of one day when their login server went wacky, we've never had an issue with it. It just works for us. I've never seen it buffer.

View solution in original post

PlayStation Vue doesn't work on Fios
MyNameHambone

I was planning on dropping Comcast and moving to FiOS for internet and Vue for TV.  I have an internet connection for both FiOS and Comcast currently, along with mobile connections.  I am able to use the same router for Comcast and FiOS.  On Comcast and Sprint, Vue works great on a PS4 and on phones.  On FiOS, it doesn't work on either. 

I have a faster connection speed on Comcast but a slower one on Sprint, so the speed shouldn't be an issue.  I have 100/100 wired into the PS4 and Sony suggests 10 Mbps down, so I have more than enough speed to meet the minimum requirements, not to mention it worked on a mobile connection that was slower. 

The stream will buffer for about 10 seconds, start running, then buffer again after about 5 seconds and never restart on FiOS.  On every other network I have access to, it starts up after about 2 seconds and just works.  Is Verizon throttling Vue, or is there some other issue on their end because on my end, the same hardware is getting different results on different networks?

0 Likes
Re: PlayStation Vue doesn't work on Fios
jonjones1
Legend

First off you are making this way too hard.

your router on Comcast is probably not the issue. Comcast uses modems. You cannot as far as I read take a modem/router combo from a cable service and get or even have a stable connection. When I was on Time Warner I used my own approved customer owned modem (Motorola surfboard) and a Netgear router for wireless of which my devices were perfect. Years later I purchased a combo from Arris Surboard which worked fine even with the Puma chipset.

in your case I would use your own router like an Asus or Netgear for connectivity even the Quantum router and then use your doggle or box (I use Roku sticks and Apple TV 4th. Generation boxes) connected on my tv’s via WiFi or ethernet connection.

this way VUE should be hooked into an available ethernet port on the router.

there should not be any conflicting service connections just use one and stick to it.

Osfan82
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’ve had the same buffering issues with PS Vue on FIOS for about 3 weeks now. Only seems to affect live channels, not DVR content. According to VUE support, its a known issue only affecting FIOS customers and they’re working with Verizon to fix it. No ETA. 😞

AntG
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not your hardware buddy and it's a very recent issue.  something Fios did this past month has made it not work with Vue.  It's a big problem for Vue and they're trying to figure it out.  Both companies are aware, but don't make any rash decisions about your router because that's not the issue.

M90

Same issue. I called PS Vue today and they say they're working on resolving this issue, but it really is untenable. Not sure which product is hosing things up, but I might have to cancel one or both here if it's not remedied soon.

0 Likes
Capricorn1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I dropped PlayStation Vue probably 6-7 months ago for that very reason. For us, PS Vue didn't buffer. It would occasionally just skip ahead anywhere from a few seconds to several minutes. Until we figured out that is what it was doing, we kept wondering what just happened and how did we miss it. There was never a "buffering" message of any kind. The issue would come and go. It would be good for weeks or months, the warp-it-forward like mad for a few weeks. My guess was that they hit capacity somewhere along the way, and it took a few weeks for them to resolve it.

Before that, we had DirecTV Now. I liked their guide and interface the best of the ones we've tried, but within a few days of getting the service, shows would just freeze and we'd have to hit play to make them continue. Sometimes this happened several times a minute. That gets old really fast. That was like a year ago now. My son just signed up with DirecTV Now and he's only had buffering once or twice in several months of using it. (They live fairly close, so if it remains reliable for them, I may go back. I really liked their interface.)

We had Sling TV for several hours, too. (Not even joking.) They didn't have the local channels even though they said they did. Didn't even make it past the free trial period.

I currently have YouTube TV as the replacement. I don't like their interface nearly as much, but with the exception of one day when their login server went wacky, we've never had an issue with it. It just works for us. I've never seen it buffer.

PS Vue Buffering - FireTV
LRH23
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have ps vue and every channel has been buffering for over a month. Is this a FireTV problem or Fios problem?

0 Likes
Blitzinger

Created an account just to say I am having exact same issue. I hope it's not some scheme by Verizon to throttle on devices not infinity or whatever their box is called for cable to get us to switch to theirs.

0 Likes
mohsinboruah

If you are getting the PlayStation Vue Freezing Issue on your web browser, then I suggest you update it to get rid of it.

0 Likes