Please Provide Service to Zip Code 19960
dannwo1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am a frustrated Comcast customer and would switch to Verizon in a heartbeat but, I've been turned down for service because of the location of my residence. I think alot of people would welcome a swtich to a much better service and cheaper internet if zip code 19960 was provided availability.

Please research and let me know.

Thank you

Re: Please Provide Service to Zip Code 19960
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ask Verizon how long your telephone line is the next time you give them a call. Google isn't really turning a whole lot besides the typical "Find Broadband" websites. DSL can be provisioned reliably on lines 16,000ft or less. It can go 18,000-20,000 feet, but that is pushing it.

0 Likes
dannwo1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

I omitted that story because I didn't think someone would reply that way. They measured that we were less than 100 feet of be able to have DSL. 

100 feet  - I'd setup DSL in my home and was having constant issues attempting to connect and when they came out and measured they couldn't believe that we're that close but....just too far away.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

100 Feet? At that distance Verizon might as well run Ethernet cabling to your house and give you 1Gbps/1Gbps connectivity, lol.

Did the Verizon techs state anything special about the equipment your line is running to, including the fact that it may have been Fiber Fed? You should be able to see it from your home, either a metal box or a brick building (perhaps a CO?). If you're on a remote there needs to be DSLAM space available on it, so that might be something they bumped heads with. I still feel there's information missing from this issue if they even greenlit you for DSL.

What trouble were you having getting DSL up and running? DSL modem not obtaining sync (Flashing DSL Light) or was it a network issue with not being able to talk over the ATM Network (More or less, obtaining an IP address, via PPPoE).

0 Likes
dannwo1974
Enthusiast - Level 2

I do see the box from my kitchen window and that's where he measured it from. I connected everything, put the filters on the phoneline, went to conntact and, I think, it was just timing out. I do not recall any lights blinking but, I think went I turned everything on, it all looked like it should've been connected. When the Tech came out, he said you're close but, too far away. We cannot do anything until more homes are built in my community.

Comcast is just flat out expensive.

What questions should I ask now? It's been about 3-4 years since this incidient happened.

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

In this case, I would ask Verizon to get engineering to give you the Green light or the Red light for DSL. If they give you the red light, have them provide you information as to why you cannot get DSL, especially from that box you can see from your home. If they sent you equipment 3-4 years ago, I would imagine you should have been able to get hooked up, with the timing out issues being from any number of issues if the connection actually did come online.

0 Likes