Poor DSL speeds mostly at night
Malaise

Hello,

I'm paying for the 7mb dsl service and most times I don't even get half of that. I tried rebooting the modem scanning the computer nada. I even contacted phone support.  A tech was sent out twice. Each time he replace something in the CooP switchboard. That would fix the problem for several hours but then it would reoccur. The problem is most noticeable at night around 6pm where I barely get 2mb. I was also given a new combo modem/router GT784wnv. I'm not using wifi at all. Computer is connected via Ethernet cable. I had this problem for several weeks now. I'm getting extremely frustrated with Verizon. You recently increased your rates while your service deteriorated.

0 Likes
Re: Poor DSL speeds mostly at night
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does the connection speed up after 11PM (in most areas this is the end of peak usage) without any action from you? Or, do you have to reboot the modem to regain speed?

0 Likes
Malaise

I have to reboot and even then sometimes I don't get the speed back. Curently I'm getting 4mb while I'm paying for 7mb. Even though its 9am

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Let's get the Transceiver statistics for the line while the speed is lower, and preferably in the morning. Go to http://192.168.1.1/ and log into the modem using one of the following username and password combinations:

admin/password

admin/password1

admin/admin

admin/admin1

admin/verizon

admin/verizon1

If you have not changed the password, one of these should work. Once logged in, go to Status at the top navigation, an then select "DSL Status" or "WAN Status" from the left hand side navigation. Once this is done, jusy copy and paste the DSL statistics you see. Please be sure to remove any IP or MAC addresses from the data before posting.

0 Likes