Poor Internet Connection/Have to keep resetting the modem
country105

For the past two months our internet service has been terrible.  I've had numerous phone calls with Verizon tech support and had two technicians visit our house.  Needless to say, after all new wiring in our house, updating the lines outside our house, and a new modem I still have to reset the modem several times a day and then when the internet does work it is extremely slow.  The technician said my house and my neighbor's house don't even show on the grid for our local Verizon office and that the problem is somewhere between our road and their office........so how does that get fixed?  Apparently the lines are too busy and it just keeps kicking us off.  Has anyone else experienced a problem like this?  I work part time from home and rely on my internet service.  I also don't have the time to contact Verizon every single day!  Help!

0 Likes
Re: Poor Internet Connection/Have to keep resetting the modem
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi country105,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes