Port Forwarding Blocked - G3100 Firmware: 3.1.0.12
TheBaron58

I have been losing my mind for the past six hours. Essentially, I've been trying to port forward the port necessary for a Minecraft server, and I come to find that even when specifically using a port listening tool to check ports that are known to be open (i.e. port 80, 443, etc.) that no port checking tool can detect them being open on my IP. I've disabled Windows firewall, checked on devices that aren't connected to the network, but nothing. I don't even care about the server at this point, I just want to know how to see if a port is open or not. Any idea how to fix this? Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Port Forwarding Blocked - G3100 Firmware: 3.1.0.12
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you screenshot the Port Forwarding settings page from your G3100?

0 Likes
cobra85ec

i have the same problem cant get any port to open

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Again, can you screenshot the Port Forwarding settings page on G3100?

0 Likes
cobra85ec

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 While the OP is trying to forward for Minecraft, what are you trying to forward for?

#2 Are you or is someone else a gamer at your locaton?

Note for that last question: Not just a gamer, a game that uses the network. Games that are not network multiplayer-able do not count - based upon what I want to know.

#3 Do you have at least two game consoles where you can not define the ports that they use?

Notes for that last question: This could be a Xbox or PS2/PS3/PS4/PS5 and it does not matter who owns the game consoles (You own one and the other is owned by someone else).

[EDIT] #4 In the meantime as I wait your reply, I see an issue. In the NAT router's forward page, you are trying to forward port 8096 and UPnP is also forwarding that same port.

0 Likes
PerCompLLC
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have exactly the same problem (actually my son does). Port forwarding worked perfectly until Verizon upgraded me to the G3100. The interface is very different from before (not a big deal), and port forwarding doesn't seem to work at all (DEFINITELY A BIG DEAL).

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

The newest firmware simplifies the Port Forwarding mechanism to only allow TCP and UDP port forwarding. Other layer 3 protocol forwarding is no longer available.

0 Likes
PerCompLLC
Enthusiast - Level 2

And it doesn't seem to work at all. 

0 Likes
PerCompLLC
Enthusiast - Level 2

Disregard my last post. Found a typo in the device ip. Everything works now.