Port forwarding not working after firmware update
benalan
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Verizon CR1000A router, with firmware version 3.2.0.7. When I try to forward a port (25565) it makes me enter a "Fwd to" address. But it doesn't accept 127.0.0.1, or any address that I know of that would open the port to the internet.

Here is an image of the message "Error: The IP address specified is invalid" that happens when I click "Add to List":

portforwardingissue.png

I tried restarting the router and restoring it factory default. I tried turning it off and on again. Also tried using other browsers. Didn't work. Anybody know any work arounds?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Port forwarding not working after firmware update
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

127.0.0.1 technically forwards it to the router's loopback interface, which would be invalid since the router itself is not behind a NAT. The router itself would only be applicable to the firewall rules.

What if you give your PC a DHCP Reserved IP address, and fill that in? The router should be expecting a 192.168.x.x type of address.

View solution in original post

Re: Port forwarding not working after firmware update
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

127.0.0.1 technically forwards it to the router's loopback interface, which would be invalid since the router itself is not behind a NAT. The router itself would only be applicable to the firewall rules.

What if you give your PC a DHCP Reserved IP address, and fill that in? The router should be expecting a 192.168.x.x type of address.