Printer not connecting to WIFI
Lou_G1
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I powered up my router, printer, and computer Friday morning, I got a red globe and when I turned on the printer, the printer couldn't detect the signal. When I tried WPS on my G1100 router, the router found the printer MAC address but the printer still couldn't  detect the WIFI signal. Same when I tried the Wireless Setup wizard. Is something in the router blocking it? Don't believe filtering was enabled in the router. Tried turning everything off and then restart  but still same thing. No problems with the computer or iPhones attaching. MAC 10.15.7 just installed. HP Envy 4500 all-in-one-printer. Dom't know if it's something with the router blocking the printer or not. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Printer not connecting to WIFI
Shoff5151
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read turning off Self Organizing Network fixes this problem

Wireless Settings->Advance Security Settings->Other Advanced Wireless Options. Click off next to Self Organizing Network

View solution in original post

Shoff5151
Enthusiast - Level 2

I read turning off Self Organizing Network fixes this problem

Wireless Settings->Advance Security Settings->Other Advanced Wireless Options. Click off next to Self Organizing Network

Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Let me ask some diagnostic questions:

Did you disable IPv6 on the printer? Did you disable IPv6 on the router?

Is the web server on the printer enabled?

Does your printer get an IP address?

Lou_G1
Enthusiast - Level 2

That did it. Don't know I never had that happen before.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes