Problem with the In-Home Agent software
NetworkingJoe

When I try to use options such as "Fix your internet connection", and the advanced settings for the router section, the software says that it can't connect to the router, even after putting my password in. I saw something about an option to skip that step, but that option doesn't appear for some reason.

0 Likes
Re: Problem with the In-Home Agent software
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

Here are some quote(s) from other thread(s) on the same issue.

a)

I like the online version of the app at www.verizon.com/repair  

you can do a lot of the functions of the app without all the bloatware.

b)

As other have said it does something, it waste resources.  Not sure on the MAC, but on PC's it has been none to drive at least one cpu to 100% (If you only have one its really bad).  And the number of functions it does that you might ever want to do is minimal.

Personally I recommend that you uninstall it, and make sure you get all pieces of it.

c)

Count yourselves lucky, That program is more trouble than help. It took me about 90 seconds to realize this and to remove it from my system. If you have any real questions about anything more complex than hitting the enter key, you are not going to find any answers from the In Home Agent. Its all basic stuff and will not help with any real issues.

You will probably find better, more easy to understand and more usable answers on Google than you can in any verizon software i have seen to date.

0 Likes
NetworkingJoe

What about the "Fix my internet connection" part?

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

@NetworkingJoe wrote:

What about the "Fix my internet connection" part?

What is the issue that needs fixing?

Example(s) include:

You can't send e-mail

Slow DSL speed.

0 Likes
NetworkingJoe

Various problems such as weird things with emails, like sending out a lot of emails and not receiving responses. And things like relisting eBay items over and over again for some reason despite doing a lot of advertising for the items on a bunch of different forums, message boards, websites, etc. I don't get many, usually not any, responses at all for some reason. This has been a problem for a long time for some reason, and I even went through relisting items for over a year. There are also suspicious things that have happened with social networking websites.

That caused me to suspect that there is some kind of scandalous internet activity going on for some reason, for quite some time, and that is why I switched from Cablevision to Verizon. I complained to Cablevision, or at least tried to, more than once. I also contacted, or tried to, a lot of other people, websites, associations, lawyers, etc. I also received little or no responses to those complaints, or the complaints about abusive and possibly cultist local activity that I have been experiencing for some reason for a long time despite repeated warnings and demands to get out of my life and leave me alone, that the guilty part is, most likely, aware of and very ignorant of.

0 Likes
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

#1 For e-mail, there is a limit to the number of e-mail messages you can send in a given amount of time.

a) For example 24 in 24 hours. I am not saying that is the limit.

b) The real limit I believe is addressed in their FAQ and or TOS.

--

For help with your e-mail issues, you could go to http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/bd-p/emailissues and get help there.

---

#2 For the issues with advertising.

a) there are rules to be followed.

For example regarding the message boards at portforward.com, they do not accept any advertising on the message board it self. If you want to advertise, you can only advertise on their website.

b) Maybe people do not want your products/services?

#3 For the issue with social media sites, besides there are rules to be followed and maybe people do not want your products/services, perhaps your computer has malware (bad evil lines of code) on it.

NetworkingJoe

@dslr595148 wrote:

#1 For e-mail, there is a limit to the number of e-mail messages you can send in a given amount of time.

a) For example 24 in 24 hours. I am not saying that is the limit.

b) The real limit I believe is addressed in their FAQ and or TOS.

--

For help with your e-mail issues, you could go to http://forums.verizon.com/t5/Verizon-net-Email/bd-p/emailissues and get help there.

---

#2 For the issues with advertising.

a) there are rules to be followed.

For example regarding the message boards at portforward.com, they do not accept any advertising on the message board it self. If you want to advertise, you can only advertise on their website.

b) Maybe people do not want your products/services?

#3 For the issue with social media sites, besides there are rules to be followed and maybe people do not want your products/services, perhaps your computer has malware (bad evil lines of code) on it.

The email service that I used shows the emails as sent.

I follow the rules and most of my advertisements, if not all of them, are posted in classified sections of forums, and classifieds websites that exist to advertise items for sale. But I know that whatever is going on here it isn't normal, and that it isn't normal to relist eBay items for a over a year, or even be relisting my current items over and over again, with no sales or bids, and no replies whatsoever to the many advertisement posts that I have made. I have also been using eBay for over 10 years and am an honest seller with 100% feedback, I know how it works and for what prices things sell for.

Another thing is, it doesn't seem like I am "allowed" to recieve communications such as responses and sales, unless it is some kind of accomplishment, I have to assume from some insane obsessive person or people somewhere for some reason.

I know of no reason why I wouldn't be able to use websites and services, etc the same way that most other people do, especially when they are the reason that most people have the internet to begin with.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@NetworkingJoe wrote:

The email service that I used shows the emails as sent.

I follow the rules and most of my advertisements, if not all of them, are posted in classified sections of forums, and classifieds websites that exist to advertise items for sale. But I know that whatever is going on here it isn't normal, and that it isn't normal to relist eBay items for a over a year, or even be relisting my current items over and over again, with no sales or bids, and no replies whatsoever to the many advertisement posts that I have made. I have also been using eBay for over 10 years and am an honest seller with 100% feedback, I know how it works and for what prices things sell for.

Another thing is, it doesn't seem like I am "allowed" to recieve communications such as responses and sales, unless it is some kind of accomplishment, I have to assume from some insane obsessive person or people somewhere for some reason.

I know of no reason why I wouldn't be able to use websites and services, etc the same way that most other people do, especially when they are the reason that most people have the internet to begin with.

Have you done any kind of testing with friends/family? Sent an email while talking to them, have them reply and make sure you get it? Have them go to your Ebay listings to verify they are showing up normally?

It seems to me that everything you've listed *could* just be people not responding to your emails/ads because they don't want to. You need to test a dedicated response.