Problems with DSL
irishgirl70
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just transferred my DSL from one apartment to another.  The new installation went smoothly.  The first few days, I had no problems.  I was able to get onto any website I wanted as I was used to.  A few days ago I started having problems.  Any website that involves inputting a user name and password (including this forum) gives me an error message.  If I open with Firefox the error message states that the connection is untrusted, that firefox can't confirm that the connection is secure.  If I open with Internet Explorer, the error message is that there is a problem with the websites security certificate, that it has expired or is not yet valid.  I could see if this happened with 1 website, but it happens for all websites that I try to get into that require a log in and password.  I have a Toshiba laptop with a Windows Vista Operating system.  I have tried with my wireless on and off and same thing happens both ways.  Any solutions for this problem would be a great help.  Thank you. 

Re: Problems with DSL
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you noticed anything new occurring on your PC since this issue started happening with both IE and Firefox? What you're seeing is an error caused by the lack of Security information when checking the certificates. Both browsers should have a basic cache available of what is trusted and untrusted off of the bat.

0 Likes
irishgirl70
Enthusiast - Level 1

Figured it out.  Somehow my laptop date and time was changed during the installation set up of DSL.  The date was April 5, 2005 so the certificates weren't valid yet......  Not sure how this happended but I changed the date and time and it seems to be working fine now.  I appreciate the input.

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

No problem. Glad to hear the problem was solved 🙂

0 Likes