Quantum G1000 Router marriage with Actiontec WCB3000N Range Extender
Wirelessblues

After following the setup instructions that came with the RE, it will not marry the Quantum router.  I have all green lights on both units and my wireless is no better than when I had no RE hooked up.  I have to either log into my wireless router or the RE (2.4g or 5g) depending on where I am in the house.  My internet is using Cat5 not MoCA.  I hooked up the RE through the coax using the splitter that came with the RE.  I tried every combination of holding the reset buttons on both units as well as pressing the WPS buttons on the RE and the router.  I was told (off the record) by a fios installer that after the two unts finished communicating with each other the 2.4g and 5g would both disappear from my wifi choices and only my wireless (and who ever was near to me) would show up and all connections on that end of the house would automaticly go through the RE and on the other end of the house it would get picked up by the wifi router.  If this is normal I could have stayed with using two seperate wireless routers.  Thanks hopfully someone out there could shed some light on this.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum G1000 Router marriage with Actiontec WCB3000N Range Extender
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Basic question:

You do have coax connection to Quantum router?

Do you have Fios STB?

If so, try hooking an STB to the coax where you have the RE connected and confirm it is functioning properly.

0 Likes
Wirelessblues

Thanks.  As I stated my quantum router is hooked up with cat5 not Moca (coax), my RE is split at my STB and hooked up correctly and my STB is working as it should.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

For re to work it has to be able to communicate with router.

So even though router has internet feed via cat 5, it also has to have coax connection. This will also feed guide and such to stbs.

0 Likes
Wirelessblues

Thank you for your responce.  My router is fed via cat5 and the coax from my router goes to my stb. Everything works ad it should exccpt the RE

0 Likes