Quantum G1100 Guest Password won't change
RCR83

Everytime I try to change my Guest Password for wifi it reverts back to the default admin password.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Quantum G1100 Guest Password won't change
beeper3
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem and finally solved it.  Log in to your Verizon account (not your router).  Choose:  Services --> Internet and look for guest access under "My Network".  Click Manage and you should be able to change the guest access password and actually have it stick.  It worked for me.  Good luck.

View solution in original post

JustinG1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hello!

Where are you trying to change the password? Is it from the Verizon router's page itself, or the Verizon website?

Try setting it from the verizon router. Log into it (the URL is http://192.168.1.1/). You can find the web panel admin password on the side of the router to login. 

Once you've logged in, click the "Wireless Settings" option on the top menu bar, click "Guest Wireless Settings", and then click the "Guest WiFi" tab. Enter the password, then click save.

If you have followed these steps then post back, and we can troubleshoot further. 

AnnieThomas

I too can't change the  Guest WiFi password. It always reverts back to the default one. Once you log in to the router and go to Wireless Settings -> Guest WiFi Settings -> Edit, try changing the password and Click save. It will revert back to the old one immediately. Please fix this FiOS! Thanks

0 Likes
galfaqih

I have the same problem. Each time I try to change the guest password, it reverts to the admin password which I NEVER set as the PW for the guest network. I have tried changing many settings to see if something would make a difference; all to no avail. Need some help. Thanks.

0 Likes
Golfgrassman
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same issue and found a work around. Go onto the same settings for the guest password and check the box to "not" use a password. It will give you a warning that it's not safe, but continue anyway. Now the old password is gone. Do the steps again and put in a new password in the empty field. Good to go. 

Vector11

Same issue. Tried the workaround - no luck. Still reverts to the sysadmin password. Aggravating! What's the solution?

0 Likes
skiprobert

That is the crux of the problem.  It seems that the sysadmin PW and the Guess wireless password are the same.  Not very secure.  Hope there will be firmware fix to this.

0 Likes
ccrotty

Has there been any resolution on this?  I'm seeing the same problem.

0 Likes
KWH3

Same issue here.

0 Likes
tns2
Community Leader
Community Leader

@Vector1wrote:

Same issue. Tried the workaround - no luck. Still reverts to the sysadmin password. Aggravating! What's the solution?

Reverting to the syadmin password if true, I never updated to the G1100 and am now a Frontier customer, is AWFUL.

I know the doc online for changing the sysadmin password says to use the Verizon site or Verizon app.  If you do that does the guest password also change, or are they then different?  Can you also change the Guest password separately via this mechanism?