Quantum Gateway returned to Verizon Store on 7/18/2015, still being charged monthly for rental
greatdrt

I purchased my own Quantum Gateway in July 2015 and returned the rented one to a Verizon store on 7/18/2015. I just noticed last week that I have been improperly charged for the router rental for the last 30 billing cycles. I called customer service on 1/18/2018 and provided this information as well as all the information from the receipt I was provided when I returned the router. They said I hear back within 2 business days (1/22/2018). Since I had not heard anything on 1/23/2018, I contacted customer service via online chat to inquire the status. The rep told me that someone had tried to call me on 1/19/2018 (I had no missed calls) and that the ticket was closed. This obviously did not make sense that the ticket was closed since there was no resolution. The rep reopened the ticket and proceeded to ask me for all the same information I already provided from the return receipt. I was at work and didn't have it with me to provide, but nevertheless my ticket was reopened. I just called customer service tonight 1/24/2018 to inquire the status since I had not heard anything. Again the rep had to reopen my ticket dispite no resolution or contact to me. He said the speciality department looked into it and the Router serial number I provided was still in use and the Receipt ID I provided could not be found. They recommended I visit the retail location where I returned it to get it sorted out. This is impossible because the store is no longer in operation. I asked for how I could submit my receipt he was unable to come up with any fax number or email address where I could send it. He suggested that I visit another store to have them help me with the receipt. This is not an acceptable solution to me. Supposedly the speciality department is supposed to look into it further and contact me back but given what has happened so far, I'm skeptical. I am at a loss for what to do now because dispite having proof that I returned the router, I'm still being charged for the rental and so far no one from Verizon has acknowledged that I returned it. I am willing to provide the receipt for proof but currently there is no way for me to provide it.

0 Likes
Re: Quantum Gateway returned to Verizon Store on 7/18/2015, still being charged monthly for rental
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.
0 Likes