Quantum Modem and Router
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
Is it possible to use the Quantum modem and then use a separate router for my wifi through the house. I have issues with the wifi signal from Quantum getting to parts of my house. So I was thinking about using a mesh based router in conjunction with the Quantum modem. Any advice?
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Quantum Modem and Router
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of things

1) version does  not use a modem. Quantum is a router

2) yes you can use another router in bridge mode. Generically it is a connection from LAN port of quantum to LAN port of other router. Disable dhcp on extender router.

No reason to disable quantum WiFi. For best performance, set ssid on both routers the same.

Ideally use an android app like WiFi analyzer and optimize channel config for each router to minimize interference and best performance.

View solution in original post

CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Couple of things

1) version does  not use a modem. Quantum is a router

2) yes you can use another router in bridge mode. Generically it is a connection from LAN port of quantum to LAN port of other router. Disable dhcp on extender router.

No reason to disable quantum WiFi. For best performance, set ssid on both routers the same.

Ideally use an android app like WiFi analyzer and optimize channel config for each router to minimize interference and best performance.

NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
Thanks, the information you provided is all I needed.
0 Likes
syacker

I live in railroad apt where signal strength at one end is really weak.  I have a Quantum router and wanted to add the new Google WiFi router.  Looks like all I have to do is connect LAN-->LAN and make sure to disable DHCP on Google router? 

0 Likes
NEIL13764
Contributor - Level 2
Once you complete the installation, please let me know how well it works
0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

True.

But can you move rotuer to be more centrally located?

That might work just as well.

0 Likes