Question regarding lagging
yenracd
Enthusiast - Level 3

I recently upgraded to Quantum 50/25.  The speeds aren't the problem.  Ethernet connected I get the 50/25, even wireless is decent at 40/45ish/25.  My question is regarding the use of devices.  I thought, maybe I was wrong, that if you use multiple devices, there would be virtually no lag.   If one laptop is running, there is no problem.  Things are fast, no lag, etc.  When another laptop (or even an ipod) accesses the network, both computers are extremely slow to load pages and playing even a game online is so awfuly slow with lagging and stuttering.  We have two tv's that are usually on at night and one or two laptops occasionally on at the same time.  The lag time is pretty bad to the point that one of us has to disconnect from the internet just so the other can use it without the lagging.  We did do the optimizers that was suggested on the help pages but this really hasn't had an effect one way or the other since our computers are pretty good speed wise.  It feels like when we are both using computers we encounter a "traffic jam" lol.

Also wanted to add that I did try using the computer wired, and when both computers were on the internet, the lagging was still there on the wired computer.  The router is an Actiontec M1424-WR Rev. F.

Would anyone know what causes this?  I did reboot the router by unplugging it for a few minutes, but this hasn't really helped the problem.  Any suggestions would really be appreciated!!!  If I could just solve this problem, it would be perfect!

0 Likes