RIPPED OFF
Lucylinthesky

We were approached by a salesman in Walmart right as we were about to move into our apartment and were looking for an internet provider. The salesman told me that I could get the 79.99 plan, but if I called him 3 weeks into service he would drop it down to 52.99 as we only needed internet. I told him explicitly that if I was charged 79.99 I would cancel my service. He assured me I would not be charged. 

3 weeks into service, I called and he said everything was in order. Later that day, I was charged 79.99. For over 3 weeks I followed up almost every day and he assured me "it will be done today. I've just gotta push it through... oh, I didnt say today, it will be done on Thursday. No, Friday, not thursday...  they told me it was done but I guess it wasnt." Etc. When I asked for a text confirmation that it would be done that day he beat around the bush and said he was confirming (had no problem confirming over the phone!) Finally I told him I was going to cancel my service when I find a new provider. That was a week ago and still no change in my bill and no refund like he promised multiple times. I was cheated and lied to and I do not appreciate it one bit. I expect to be reimbursed for the month i overpaid. I will be letting everyone I know know that these are the tactics used by this company and they should absolutely not use verizon. It wasnt even subtle, just unapologetically dishonest. I am extremely upset 

0 Likes
Re: RIPPED OFF
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lucylinthesky,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes