Refund for technician service still possible?
dd333

Hello everyone, first post, sadly already got an issue after the first month as a customer. Just need some word of advice from any other customer thats probably been in this position and to know if Verizon would still give me a refund as I'm being charged $100.

Basically, I bought the internet plan, sweet deal $50 a month, great. Get the router from the store next day and come back home to try and install it. Straight forward right? plug in the black cable into the wall outlet and boom - Wi-Fi. Nope, no internet, so I check the closet because I know there's a verizon box in there (The apartment I live in already has verizon installed so that you should be ready to go should you need their services) and its unplugged so I plug the power cable into the outlet and the lights on the box turn on and stuff. I try again and still nothing so I end up having to call to see what the problem is and the support guy on the phone walks me through resetting the box to see if he can locate where the issue is remotely. Ends up just telling me I need a technician to come in so yeah no problem, the next morning the technician comes in and tries to troubleshoot the issues and all that and says the box isn't working as it should and thats why I'm not getting internet even when I plug in the router to different ports around the apartment. He installs a smaller black rectangular device under the main verizon box which allows the internet to work as it should - Sweet. My main concern was if I would be charged for his visit, he said no since the problem was coming from Verizon's end.

I'm just frustrated because I was told one thing and it seems like he didn't mark anything down for a fee waiver. I chatted online with 2 representatives, the last of which put me on a call that I waited almost 30 minutes for only to be told that I can't have my fee waivered.

Does not make sense for me to pay for an issue on Verizon's end because as far as I'm concerned, all I had to do as the customer was buy the service, get my router from the store, self-installation, connect to the internet. Simple.

I'm not wrong am I?

0 Likes
Re: Refund for technician service still possible?
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dd333,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes