Refund sent to wrong address
FixMyRefund
Enthusiast - Level 1

I recently moved to a location without Verizon FiOS, and so I had to cancel my old internet service. I provided my new address to the representative who canceled my account. Later, when I looked online, I saw that my billing address still hadn't changed, so I called in to fix it.

Today, I got an email about a refund for the remaining balance on my account. It's being sent to my old address, where I no longer live! This is despite the fact that I CANCELED THE SERVICE BECAUSE I MOVED. I have tried everything to get my address fixed, but I cannot receive the refund at that old location. Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Refund sent to wrong address
FixMyRefund
Enthusiast - Level 1

Oh, and when I tried to get this fixed over the customer support line, I was kept on hold for 45 minutes and then hung up on. Yeah, thanks, Verizon.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try twitter @verizonsupport.

I have found them to be quite helpful.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Simple fix. Go to http://www.usps.com and put in a change of address and it gets forwarded to your new address.

you can also stop at your local post office and fill out the change of address.

no need to get excited 🙁

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Doesn't help if the check was already mailed.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@CRobGauth wrote:

Doesn't help if the check was already mailed.

I put the following quote from original poster.

"Today, I got an email about a refund for the remaining balance on my account. It's being sent to my old address, where I no longer live! This is despite the fact that I CANCELED THE SERVICE BECAUSE I MOVED. I have tried everything to get my address fixed, but I cannot receive the refund at that old location. Please help!"

My first thought was correct. If the poster put a change of address or a forward order in with his local post office, it will get to the new address. At worst scenario the check shows up at the old address. Which if the person has already moved can and will be forwarded on to the new address if they were smart enough to place a change or forward address on file with the postal service. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

And thinking about it, what person would not put a change of address in if they move.

i know every time I moved over the years, I put it in with my letter carrier and the mail gets forwarded. Very simple process.

however online changes cost $1 which can be avoided by filing out the card from online and printing it out. It even gives the old and new post offices addresses.

0 Likes