Regular early morning downtime? Without any notice?
PNCnickc
Enthusiast - Level 1

It's been several days. This time I stay up to check exactly when it goes wrong.

The slowing down of internet speed started around 3 AM, when I was playing the online game and I noticed I couldn't pair up with my team. Then I tried rebooting the router several times during the next hour, the internet came back and off. Can't view videos online; can't receive iMessage; Verizon official site couldn't be reached neither on phones or PCs.

It went completely down at 4:41 AM, waited until 5:40, things went normal again. I was so worried as I have a online meeting this morning. 

I searched similar events of Verizon Fios, it seems it happens a lot frequently. I just need a notice (of maintenance or upgrading, etc.) in advance, is it very hard for Verizon?

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Regular early morning downtime? Without any notice?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hours between 12am and 7am comprise a maintenance window. I would not do anything important during this time knowing the Internet could be cut at any time.

They are currently rolling out IPv6 for business and residential customers alike. IPv6 is going to help multiplayer gaming as it eliminates the needs for a NAT.

View solution in original post

Re: Regular early morning downtime? Without any notice?
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

Hours between 12am and 7am comprise a maintenance window. I would not do anything important during this time knowing the Internet could be cut at any time.

They are currently rolling out IPv6 for business and residential customers alike. IPv6 is going to help multiplayer gaming as it eliminates the needs for a NAT.