Rejected Email...FURIOUS AT VERIZON!
Adcruise

Taking to the forum as I've given up trying to reach Verizon directly about their inappropriate and horrendous business practices.  Todays issue:

Received an email from an old friend whose email is with Verizon.  I replied directly to them via their email and it was immediately rejected by V saying "571 Email from **.**.**.*** is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email sender or Email Service Provider may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block."  The exact same thing happened when a long time customer requested a quote on a cruise and when I responded directly to their email... V bounced it back!

I completed their form and submitted it only to receive the following email:  "After investigation, Verizon Online Security has determined that e-mail from your IP address will not be allowed access to the Verizon Online e-mail domain due to one or more of the following reasons: Your IP has been blocked because of spam issues or because your ISP indicates that it is dynamically assigned"

**bleep**... our email is sent out via our dedicated server which has a Static IP address and has for a few years now.  WE DO NOT SPAM, NEVER HAVE, NEVER WILL.  Verizon's response is wrong, but just try to get someone to discuss this issue.  I thought replying directly to Verizon's email address included in their signature (abuse@verizon.net) would reach a live person and we could resolve this issue. NOOO... that would be too easy!  Sending a request for help to abuse@verizon.net only resulted in... you guessed it... Verizon bounced this one back as well with the same message as before, their server is blocking our IP address.

OKAY... so now we do it the old fashioned why, we call Verizon and ask if I could actually speak to someone who has a clue.  What do I get?  An automated response asking me for my V account number... which I do not have as I am not a V customer.  So the automated system asked for my zip code to direct me to the appropriate person... FINALLY, some help!  WRONG... I enter my zip code and V says "Verizon no longer services your area... goodbye" and they disconnect me.

I will next contact the BBB and file a formal complaint, and if that doesn't get immediate action I will contact an attorney, since Verizon is blocking my email I am not able to reply to customers or clients who have a V email account... thus costing me business and creating a financial loss.

How much does it cost V annually to "buy" a high rating from consumer groups?  My experience over the years says their customer satisfaction rating should be a -D at best.  If V doesn't correct their wrong immediately,  I will  be posting on our website that all our customers/clients should create an email account other than V and why, also recommending they stop doing business with V and why!

Customer service begins with making yourself available... V should try it sometime.

0 Likes
Re: Rejected Email...FURIOUS AT VERIZON!
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

Have you tried checking the major spam lists (Spamhaus, Sorbs, etc.) to see if your IP/domain is blacklisted anywhere else?

0 Likes
Adcruise

Yes, we have checked and our IP is not listed... but Verizon blocks everything from us, even emails sent by us directly to them!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi adcruise,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Adcruise

Thank you Lawrence C.  I've checked in and nothing there yet, will remain for awhile in hopes of some contact soon.

0 Likes
Dyno1

I have the same problem and was made aware of it by a software support channel.  The software support tried responding to me to my verizon email and I never recieved it.  They also knew from experience all about the blocked issue with verizon emails and had me Google the issue.  I have also noticed I don't get ever email from numerous senders!

I have also checked and double checked that I don't have any filters, spam blocking or blocked senders set up in my verizon web settings.

Bottom line is that email sent to me should get to me or end up in a folder!!  It is 2013 and I pay a boat load to Verizon, what the %^&*() is the problem?

-S

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello adcruise,

We haven't heard from you and we are going to be closing your private support case due to no response. We were able to resolve the issue with the emails. Please let us know if there is anything else our team can do to help you.

Thanks,

Rachel_VZ

0 Likes