Remote Telenet
bytes66

Just received a new DSL modem/router, D-Link 2750B. to replace my Westell 327w.  I can see it is configured for remote Telnet administration but I do not know the username/password. When I try a remote telnet login I do get a prompt for username and password but no username/password combo works. Any Help?

0 Likes
Re: Remote Telenet
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Usually the telnet interface accepts admin as the username, admin as the password or it is the modem's web administration credential set. That's how it is on other modems I've used. Haven't yet played with the D-Links.

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

According to D-link support:

Once the login screen appears, enter Admin next to Username and then enter your password (refer to “login password” on the label located on the bottom of the Gateway). Click Continue.

Is there a password on the router's label?

0 Likes
bytes66

Yes, the router has a password on the label. It does not work as per dlink documentation. Since the firmware has been modified by Verizon the Dlink defaults don't work.  My next step is to buy another modem and connect to the internal serial port to see what is going on. I was hoping to avoid reverse engineering the firmware to get access...

0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

@bytes66 wrote:

Yes, the router has a password on the label. It does not work as per dlink documentation. Since the firmware has been modified by Verizon the Dlink defaults don't work.  My next step is to buy another modem and connect to the internal serial port to see what is going on. I was hoping to avoid reverse engineering the firmware to get access...

Have you considered contacting Verizon Tech Support instead of buying an extra device? They should be able to walk you through accessing it if the issue is indeed the Verizon firmware. Tech support is 24/7, and there are options for contacting them on Verizon's Contact Us page.

Also, have you tried resetting the unit in case it was just set to something different at some point?

0 Likes