Remote management issue with refurbished G1100
c5bill
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased a refurbished G1100 router to get away from my monthly rental fees. It works fine and contains current Verizon Fios firmware. I have no issues configuring it locally through the web interface.  The issue I do have is remote management from the MyFios app or from Verizon's web portal.  They both report that they cannot contact the router.  I have spent a few hours with CS on Twitter and chat and they are not able to fix the issue.  I did disclose that  this was a refurbished router and that did not seen to raise any red flags with CS.

Any thoughts how to get this issue fixed?

Thanks, Bill

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Remote management issue with refurbished G1100
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could be the refurbished G1100 is still associated with some else's account. You might need to read the serial number to a representative and ask to check if the router serial number is under your account. If it is not, you can ask the representative to change the router under your account.

View solution in original post

Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Sometimes the router may take some time to show up on the app. I have read giving it a hard reset for 15 seconds will get it to flow across all vz systems faster. 

c5bill
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks, I tried the 15 sec reset  when I was on with CS but it didn't help.  It does seem odd because I can manage my DVR remotely which seems to indicate that they (Verizon) can get through my router and see my DVR.

Bill

0 Likes
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

It could be the refurbished G1100 is still associated with some else's account. You might need to read the serial number to a representative and ask to check if the router serial number is under your account. If it is not, you can ask the representative to change the router under your account.