Removing devices
Hshin31
Enthusiast - Level 2

I had some friends living with us and now they left so I want to remove thier devices from my wifi. I saw a solution where you log into the quantum gateway but when I follow the steps the option where I can delete the device is no where. Can someone please help me how I can remove the devices?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Removing devices
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/fios-qgr-userguide140925.pdf

On the first page after logging in you will see devices listed. Simply expand it to see more. By clicking on the device you will get a remove button. 

If you download the app it’s even easier.

but when your friends devices are showing it does not use your internet WiFi unless they are right there in the place the router is located. A better way is in the settings just change the WiFi password and that removes anyone. However when you login you use the new password.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

https://www.verizon.com/cs/groups/public/documents/adacct/fios-qgr-userguide140925.pdf

On the first page after logging in you will see devices listed. Simply expand it to see more. By clicking on the device you will get a remove button. 

If you download the app it’s even easier.

but when your friends devices are showing it does not use your internet WiFi unless they are right there in the place the router is located. A better way is in the settings just change the WiFi password and that removes anyone. However when you login you use the new password.

0 Likes
Hshin31
Enthusiast - Level 2

When I log in to the quantum gateway website I see the list and when I click on the user it sends me to a device information page. The remove option is no where to be seen.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

192.168.1.1 login to your router. Then go to MY NETWORK 

tap the connection and it will bring up a pop up box. Delete/remove device is listed.

it is very easy. But....like I said if your pals are not on your network (active) it may be grayed out. If that is the case simply change the network password under WiFi 

0 Likes
Hshin31
Enthusiast - Level 2

all that shows up on the pop up box is block device, website block, block internet service, port forwarding, view device detail, and rename device. Did they change it recently and not allow removing device?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Hshin31wrote:

all that shows up on the pop up box is block device, website block, block internet service, port forwarding, view device detail, and rename device. Did they change it recently and not allow removing device?

I don’t use that function. However block device would work as remove. 

Like I said you may need to have the users on your network listed as active FIRST before you can block or delete the user.

in any case I gave you other alternatives in three of my replies.