Return DSL modem.
MMKim
Enthusiast - Level 1

I experienced that Verizon account is closed automatically if I change the provider.

I like to know how to return DSL modem after the Verizon Account is closed and get back the equipment fee. 

I used Verizon Business phone+DSL bundle more than 1 years.

The connection(phone and DSL both) very unstable and it  bothers my business a lot.

I called Verizon and a person said there will be Early Terminate Fee + Equipment fee(299) will be charged

if I terminate the service. Early Termination fee is understandable.

But I don't need DSL modem and don't want to pay $299 for it.

There is Verizon FIOS store about 5 miles away.

Can I return the DSL modem to the store and then close the account to avoid the equipment fee?

What if I change the phone provider and closed the Verizon account closed?

Can I still return the modem and get the equipment fee back?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Return DSL modem.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you talk to billing/support they should be able to help get a prepaid box sent to you. Otherwise, try visiting a UPS Store and see if they are capable of taking the DSL equipment, since UPS is a partner of Verizon for returning FiOS equipment. The FiOS store may not be able to accept the DSL gear.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Return DSL modem.
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you talk to billing/support they should be able to help get a prepaid box sent to you. Otherwise, try visiting a UPS Store and see if they are capable of taking the DSL equipment, since UPS is a partner of Verizon for returning FiOS equipment. The FiOS store may not be able to accept the DSL gear.

0 Likes