Router & Aluratek AIRMM02F Internet Radio
tenorio351
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have the MI424WR Rev. E and the tech set my laptop to WIFI when FIOS was installed.

He setup the router and I misplaced the codes he furnished to me.  I remember him using

a number from the plate on the router but I looked and there are several numbers to

chose from.

I bought a Internet radio and am trying to setup a wireless connection but it won't work

because I don't know the WEP of my router.  I went to the VZ router info and selected

the WEP and it takes me to a signin page.  I tried my vz name & password but  that

didn't work.

Please advise what actions I must take to rectify this situation.

Thanks

1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router & Aluratek AIRMM02F Internet Radio
Hubrisnxs
Legend

@tenorio35 wrote:

I have the MI424WR Rev. E and the tech set my laptop to WIFI when FIOS was installed.

He setup the router and I misplaced the codes he furnished to me.  I remember him using

a number from the plate on the router but I looked and there are several numbers to

chose from.

I bought a Internet radio and am trying to setup a wireless connection but it won't work

because I don't know the WEP of my router.  I went to the VZ router info and selected

the WEP and it takes me to a signin page.  I tried my vz name & password but  that

didn't work.

Thanks

hi,  in your internet radio set up, it should only need two numbers from your wireless set up, in order to connect.

It will need your ESSID or SSID, and it will need your WEP key.   Both are found on the service tag of the router.  if you're router is standing upright, then it will be an actiontec sticker on the left hand side.  if it's laying flat, then you'll need to lift it and look underneath to see the sticker.

the ESSID acts like the name of your wireless network.  

and the WEP key acts like your password to get in. 

Plug those two sets of info into your Internet Radio Wifi and it should connect without a problem.    

View solution in original post

Hubrisnxs
Legend

@tenorio35 wrote:

chose from.

didn't work.

Thanks

hi,  in your internet radio set up, it should only need two numbers from your wireless set up, in order to connect.

It will need your ESSID or SSID, and it will need your WEP key.   Both are found on the service tag of the router.  if you're router is standing upright, then it will be an actiontec sticker on the left hand side.  if it's laying flat, then you'll need to lift it and look underneath to see the sticker.

the ESSID acts like the name of your wireless network.  

and the WEP key acts like your password to get in. 

Plug those two sets of info into your Internet Radio Wifi and it should connect without a problem.    

viafax999
Community Leader
Community Leader

You're probably better off to reset the router to factory defaults by pressing the reset button on the back of the router.

Then you can attempt to login again and you will be prompted for a new userid and password.  After that you can go into the wireless setup and customize it the way you would like it to be, probably better to get of wep which is pretty poor security and get on to something a little more robust like wpa/2.

0 Likes
aekellam
Enthusiast - Level 1

Your WEP password is located on your modem  and the numbers  begin WEPxxxx.  Hope this helps