Router Name Change
Jos11
Enthusiast - Level 1

My devices disconnected from the wireless router, I finally realized that my router name had changed without prompting.  This has never happened to me, is there a reason why the router name would change without prompting?

0 Likes
Re: Router Name Change
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is it a verizon router or your personal router? Did you reset it for any reason?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Jos1 wrote:

My devices disconnected from the wireless router, I finally realized that my router name had changed without prompting.  This has never happened to me, is there a reason why the router name would change without prompting?

You mean your SSID name changed for your wireless network? 

More than likely there was a firmware update pushed out that reset the router back to day one.

the other was already stated that you may have reset it yourself either via the web interface or via hitting the reset button on the back of your router. Normally the reset is recessed so as not to push it in without effort.

just set it back up the way you want or leave it as day one. 

Jos11
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks!!! I did reset it because of a connection problem.  

0 Likes
Jos11
Enthusiast - Level 1

@jonjones wrote:

@Jos1 wrote:

You mean your SSID name changed for your wireless network? 

More than likely there was a firmware update pushed out that reset the router back to day one.

the other was already stated that you may have reset it yourself either via the web interface or via hitting the reset button on the back of your router. Normally the reset is recessed so as not to push it in without effort.

just set it back up the way you want or leave it as day one. 

Thanks!!! I did reset it because of a connection problem.  

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Glad to help you.

happy internet 😀

0 Likes