Router Password - A quest to open my NAT
Cindy19592
Enthusiast - Level 1

I realize that this topic might sound a lot like a broken record at this point, but the truth is that I have read through nearly every support forum on the subject, and with no luck to finding a solution.  I don't know my routers password (whether I changed it at one point or another might be irrelevant following the router reset I just did) and I would like to open my NAT.  Unfortunately the default suggestions such as Admin for the username and password, password1, verizon1 - have all been unsucessful.  I reset my modem as hinted by another verizon support person, and with still no results.  Please please PLEASE someone help, I would really appreciate it.

0 Likes
Re: Router Password - A quest to open my NAT
TheXev1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was modem/router is it?

I know on my Westell 6100G, the default password is admin/password (lowercase).

Depending on your setup (I'm in an exGTE area), you may be able to reset the modem to defaults and start from scratch.

If you want to open NAT/bridge the modem.. its a tricky affar.  Bridge mode seems rather simple if your on PPPoE, but if your on DHCP like me (once agan, exGTE area), then its a super tricky affar.

If you want to try a double NAT method, I have writen a guide elsewhere that might help: http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r26520279-Setting-up-Westell-6100G-to-ANY-router-NAT-no-bridge-mod

If you have a different modem, disregard. XD