Router Rental Charge
gscavdis
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon's newest scam--2 years ago I renewed my contract.  As part of that, Verizon said they would upgrade my router for free to the new Gateway Router.  I owned the router I had at the time and was not paying a rental fee.  When I renewed last month for another two years, Verizon sent me the exact same router and started charging me a $10 rental fee.  I immediately returned the router at a Verizon store and was told I would not be charged a rental fee.  Now, after talking to a customer service rep. and a manger, I am being told that due to a policy change, I am being charged a rental fee for the router because that was part of the agreement I signed.  I explained to them that the agreement was that Verizon would send me a new, upgraded router for a $10 rental fee and that what they sent me was the same one I had OWNED for the last two years.  Didn't matter they said.  So, now I'm paying a $10 rental fee for a router which I have owned for the last two years.  I would like someone from Verizon to rectify this for me.  This is an outrageous way to treat customers.  Not surprising, but outrageous nonetheless. 

0 Likes
Re: Router Rental Charge
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi gscavdis,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes