Router Rental Fee Increase?
nd494033

I just noticed that my router rental fee increased from $10 to $12. I contacted Verizon about it because $10 is the price i was given when I signed a 2-year agreement. They are saying that it's because they added McAfee protection to the router and that they are unable to give me the price to which I originally agreed. I know it may seem ridiculous to complain over $2, but they already get a ton of my money and it's just another way to scam people out of more. Mainly, I wanted to see if others had any luck getting a $2 discount added to their account to reverse this and to make others aware. 

0 Likes
Re: Router Rental Fee Increase?
jonjones1
Legend

If you read your Verizon residential terms of service you will find that “any material change to your service” which raising the router fee would be doing is grounds for you to break your contract.

https://www.verizon.com/about/sites/default/files/Internet%20-TOS_07032018_v18-3_ENGLISH_CLEAN.pdf

call them back tell them it’s a material change to your service/contract and that you will be leaving for another service provider if they don’t place the fee back to where it belongs during your contract. Point out if you leave because of this material change they lose thousands of dollars in revenue from you over $48 increases over two years.

0 Likes
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

I always recommend to buy the router from Verizon. If you have the service for 2 years which most contracts are anyway. You would pay more in rental fees than the cost of the router over the contract period. 

You could call and complain but you will probably get nowhere. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@Edg1 wrote:

I always recommend to buy the router from Verizon. If you have the service for 2 years which most contracts are anyway. You would pay more in rental fees than the cost of the router over the contract period. 

You could call and complain but you will probably get nowhere. 

That’s what I also recommend to purchase your own. However years ago Verizon raised on their wireless side a sneaky .99¢ fee on their invoices. The states had complaints and said it was not a state, county, town or city tax but a Verizon fee in violation of their contracts with their customers. It was considered a material change to the contracts. Altimately Verizon dropped “their fee” 

any uppage to a contract price is a material change. A simple phone call or letter should get it removed. Notice how when cable raises rates they leave the contract customers alone? They ding the new customers or existing non contract customers.

when a customer is off contract it’s the “sky’s the limit” on raising rates.

verizon thinks most customers don’t look at their invoices. And sadly they are right.

0 Likes