Router Return Help?
SweetLou1

Hi

I just Got a Mailer from Verizon to Renew my Contract for two more years.
and to Renew Online after I Did the Online Renewal. Verizon Sends me a New Router

My Questions are

Do I send Them The Old Router?
If I Do How? a Return Label Came in the Box with the new Router but I Think its for the New Router Only and Not the Old One.

Thanks
Sweet Lou

0 Likes
Re: Router Return Help?
Edg1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If it's any model below the Actiontec rev I then I don't think you have to return it but still hold on to it in case they ask for it back. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

As the other poster stated hold on to it if Verizon asks for it back.

however if two routers appear on your account, or if you get billed for two routers rental (that is if you ever rented) then I would go to a local Fios Corporate location (google for it) and get a receipt with name, address, esn number, serial number or MAC address and get it in hard copy and make sure it’s removed from your account.

but don’t do anything yet. Wait and see what transpires.

0 Likes
SweetLou1

Hi

Thanks for the Help!

They Just Message me to Return it before September 13!

Now I am Not sure If I Just Print a Return Label from the Website and ship the Old Router in the New Router's Box or Order a return kit?

Thanks Again

Sweet Lou

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Personally I would return the old router to a local Verizon Fios store. No resellers.

but get that written receipt showing date, time, serial number, MAC address of the old router. Make sure your name and account number are on the receipt. And keep it.

never use a box that was previously used for another router. It could be scanned as the returned one. If you go to the store you don’t need a box, and just print out the message asking for the old one.

0 Likes
SweetLou1

>>Personally I would return the old router to a local Verizon Fios store. No resellers.

>>but get that written receipt showing date, time, serial number, MAC address of the old >>router. Make sure your name and account number are on the receipt. And keep it.

The Nearest Fios Store is too Far Away and I Do Not Trust that Verzion will send me the Return Kit to Me in Time! so I Think That I should use the new Router Box to Send the old one Back

Should I Put a Some Sort of Note in Along with The old Router

Thanks

Sweet Lou

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

I am doubtful that putting an old router in the newer ones box is going to work.

corrospondence inside the box may be over looked. Normally the box and return label are sent to you, or you can print out a return label from the Verizon website if they still do that.

remove all marks and labels and writings from the newer box you want to use for the return, but you will still need a return number to have Fios match up whom is returning what.

either wait or take the long trip to the FiOS Corporate location.

0 Likes
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ask for the return kit.

It should take a week to come to you.
Would still give you two weeks to return.

And as long as you have your tracking number that shows that item was received prior to 9/13.

0 Likes
SweetLou1

Well I Sent it out via UPS with the Web Printed Label.

UPS Said that Verzion got the Router Already!

Now How Do I know if Verizon Acknowledges the Fact I Sent it to them other the just UPS Acknowledging It?

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@SweetLou wrote:

Well I Sent it out via UPS with the Web Printed Label.

UPS Said that Verzion got the Router Already!

Now How Do I know if Verizon Acknowledges the Fact I Sent it to them other the just UPS Acknowledging It?

Wow so they are still using the web return labels.

most of the time after UPS says it was returned back your account will show it.

however if you keep seeing router rental or other equipment being charged then it has not been credited back to your account or removed yet.

a phone call after a reasonable time if Verizon has not removed it or sends emails etcas not received. Other than that you should be ok.

0 Likes