Router antenna broke, what are my options?
raydawg2010
Enthusiast - Level 1

So the router fell of the desk and broke the antenna in 2 pieces.  The antenna is useless now, I barely get any signal at all on my wireless.  Is there any kind of warrant or insurance on these devices where I can get it replaced for free or do I need to just go buy a new one on my own?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Router antenna broke, what are my options?
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try asking Verizon support if they'll send you a new antenna.  They might even swap out the router if you have a really old one.  But this is just a guess; you'll have to ask them to know for sure.

In the meantime, you might find a paper clip provides a slight improvement over nothing.

You can buy an antenna online for a few dollars.  You could also try a thrift shop; you might find an old router for a few bucks and buy it just for the antenna.

If you buy a new antenna, make sure you get the right connector.  They are faille standard, however if you don't pay attention you may get the wrong one.

Good Luck

View solution in original post

gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try asking Verizon support if they'll send you a new antenna.  They might even swap out the router if you have a really old one.  But this is just a guess; you'll have to ask them to know for sure.

In the meantime, you might find a paper clip provides a slight improvement over nothing.

You can buy an antenna online for a few dollars.  You could also try a thrift shop; you might find an old router for a few bucks and buy it just for the antenna.

If you buy a new antenna, make sure you get the right connector.  They are faille standard, however if you don't pay attention you may get the wrong one.

Good Luck

smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Ask Verizon. Otherwise, purchase a RP-SMA Antenna (they're a few dollars online), which is what the ActionTec routers tend to use.

raydawg2010
Enthusiast - Level 1

thanks, i contacted verizon and they are sending me out a new router free of charge.  life is good again and I will soon have signal in my house!!  

0 Likes