SCAM with price discount "setup box rental discount"
TCGMad

I see many such posts already, still want to add one, to show that Verizon still scaming customers.

I have contracted Verizon Tripple Play via chat.

They said that HBO channel would be removed from the TV packaged a couple of days from the contract start and that I would need to contract apart, +15usd/month but that at the same time it would kick in a 20 usd/month discount on the setup box rentals (5 boxes).

On 09/09 I contacted via chat saying that HBO channel was not available on my plan and that also the discount on setup box was not showing on my bill.

Verizon "found the mistake", started to charge the HBO channel +15 usd/month and said that the 20 USD discount on the setup box rentals would show on my monthly bill.

For my surprise, the Sept bill was only showing the price increase with the HBO channel but no discount on the box rental.

I wasted another 90 minutes today on the chat the the attendent did not provide a resolution.

If you offered a deal by Verizon, double check when ALL "discounts" are documented, take printscreens of the chat, because the email chat option does not work... or better stay away from Verizon... company you can not TRUST!

Is it possible to get chat transcript? It was clearly mentioned and confirmed by the customer services that the discount would show on my Sept bill and further bills... but so far nothing. How should I escalate this issue for a resolution? Should I give up and accept Optimum offers?

Frustating dealing with Verizon!

Thanks!

0 Likes
Re: SCAM with price discount "setup box rental discount"
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi TCGMad,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes