SPAM question
RoyW1

I posted this question yesterday 1/9/12 (BTW I'll do this everyday until its anwsered) here in the this forum on how to I stop getting spam messages, I'm getting at LEAST 90 out of 100 messages from SPAM. I've used the block. spam filters in the web based email and still get messages from the sam epeople I've blocked. I'd rather post this question here than on facebook or somewhere in public so please anwser. I'm using outlook 2007 POP settup.

0 Likes
Re: SPAM question
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please contact our customer service team via live chat or email at: http://www22.verizon.com/content/contactus/

0 Likes
stopspam1

I have 17 to 25 SPAM messages a day.  It has become increasingly worse since January 2012.  Seems there is not atemp to stop these companies.  I believe our names/addresses are sold to anyone who is paying!  Verizon sucks!

0 Likes
gramps35

I want to stop spam.    blockers don't work.      help

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

If Verizon is selling e-mail addresses that would be a first, and I'm sure they'd be in deep trouble and know they have a case they can't win if they get sued unless they have some tricks up their sleeves. Make sense?

There are so many different ways to get e-mail addresses it's not even funny. I'd start taking a look at who you've sent e-mail to and also where you've used your address first before you start accusing Verizon of selling e-mails. You wouldn't believe the amount of spam that people get for signing up to deal sites and other "promotional" sites, or from a friend who had their computer infected.

0 Likes
RadioFlyer1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure if this is the same issue or a different one.  I had been getting those spams that Vrzn wasn't catching and that could not be blocked with spam blocker because a component phrase of the domain name continually changed.  I solved this by using filers instead.  Set it up so that if the piece that did repeat appeard in "from," the message would go to the spam filter.  Life was good for a year or so.

Now I am getting spams of the same ilk with a different repetitive component.  Set up a filter for that and it wouldn't work. I kept proofreading it and proofreading it!  It was driving me nuts!   Eventually I realized that that the problem on these is that the repetitive part is NOT in the "from" line but in the "return path" line, and there is no option in the Vrzn filters for filtering material in the "return path" line.  Why isn't there?  Is there some way to deal with this?