Schedule Internet Access Times
afg2

I want the ability to set time limits on my internet connection for any and all devices. I have an Actiontec wireless modem that allows scheduling access days/times by device(ip address).  But the schedule needs to be set for each device.  I want the ability to control this across any and all devices that are trying to connect.  So the only thing that I would need to do is set the schedule for the times that an internet connection is available at my home.  Would I need to get a different modem/router to do this?  If so, any suggestions on which one?

0 Likes
Re: Schedule Internet Access Times
TalkOverVoice
Enthusiast - Level 1

@afg wrote:

...I have anActiontec wireless modem that allows scheduling access days/times by device(ip address).  But the schedule needs to be set for each device. ...

The easiest solution (imho) would be to put the Actiontec's power-supply on a programmable timer but obviously you might not be able to live with all that inelegant powering-up & re-synchronizing taking place in the process.

At any rate, I can't recall ever seeing a hardware based "scheduler" (or 'Parental Control', 'Access Limits', etc.) that didn't use a per device setup scheme, but that doesn't necessarily mean one does not exist for sure either.

Curious; I wonder if you can add the Actiontec's WAN MAC address to the scheduler and kill access for everything in your network that way maybe?