Screwed on renewal pricing?
dk711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I spoke with a customer service rep via chat and they told me that they would waive the DVR per month cost in addition to the $20 per month savings. When I got the email confirmation of the order, it's showing that the DVR pricing is in there. Essentially I will be paying $20 less per month than if I hadn't bothered to get a contract. In fact I am paying $10 more per month than my last contract? 

How is this even a deal?????????????????

I could easily have switched over to Cablevision as they were willing to match my current Verizon FIOS contract. 

I don't get the renewal being sold as a benefit when I essentially am screwed out of my prior pricing per month and now I am stuck paying $19.99 for a DVR cost that I was told would be waived. 

I tried calling customer service, but as usual after waiting for half an hour, I get a rep who spoke as if they have marbles in their mouth, and I could not understand a word out of their mouth. 

0 Likes
Re: Screwed on renewal pricing?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please try calling Verizon again in the early morning hours and asking for the fees to be waived.

In many cases your rates will go up the month after your contract expires to the month to month pricing.

0 Likes
dk711
Enthusiast - Level 1

I understand the rate will go up if you go month to month, but if you go for a 2 year renewal --which was done here-- the rates should at a minimum be the same no?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@dk71 wrote:

I understand the rate will go up if you go month to month, but if you go for a 2 year renewal --which was done here-- the rates should at a minimum be the same no?

They should, correct. I would have to check the agreement out to see if extra rates like these, can be added in once a contract is over. I know the cable companies add in things like modem rental fees all the time to those under a speicifc agreement, and I'm sure that'll act as a way "Out" of the contract.

0 Likes
dk711
Enthusiast - Level 1

Talked to a customer service rep this morning. 

Nothing she could do about the DVR pricing since there was no option to do anything.

No bill adjustment to be had either.

Sweet, I guess it's perfectly acceptable for a rep to say they will waive a fee, then not follow through on it, and no one else can do anything about the pricing at a bare minimum. False promises carry the day I suppose. Always good to know no effort is made to rectify anything. 

0 Likes
maestro2
Contributor - Level 1

I totally agree and share your frustration.

For instance, in the past Verizon FiOS used to allow customers with expired contracts to get the deals offered to new customers. Now they say it does not matter if your contract is expired, you have to be a new customer to get the promo pricing.

Verizon does not value loyal customers and does not care if customers switch to other providers. All Verizon cares now is to get more NEW customers...

dk711
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never saw a company that gives not one crap about their existing customers the way Verizon does. Well I'm sure they are out there, but I haven't personally dealt with them. Once you sign up, you no longer have any value to them. Yes I get their products are excellent, but their lack of interest in giving customers good value whether it's FIOS or cell phone plans is unreal. 

0 Likes