Sent a new router do i just unplug and replace?
wine4don

I just got a new router to replace a 12 year old westell(still not sure why I had to PAY for a old one that needed constent reboot) anyways they sold me a ACTIONTEC-GT784WNV - Looks very basic..

I have a security camera system set up with port forwarding etc..  That someone help me set up.    The "Tech" told me I would not have to have to reset everyhting all up.. JUST switch routers and all port forward settings etc.. wil carry to this new router..

I'm a little nervous to do this.. and have everything go down.. .. Is this a true statement can anyone confirm??, or will I have to re-do all my setups port forwrding etc.. on this new router.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Sent a new router do i just unplug and replace?
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your settings will need to be redone. Just take note of your settings, and then re-apply them within the ActionTec. Should be a quick job. From there, make sure you save your ActionTec's configuration file in case you have to reset it someday.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Your settings will need to be redone. Just take note of your settings, and then re-apply them within the ActionTec. Should be a quick job. From there, make sure you save your ActionTec's configuration file in case you have to reset it someday.

0 Likes
wine4don

Thank you I was able to connect the new one.. this might no be the place to ask this.. if I wanted to hookup a stronger wireless netgear router.. then this little one.. can I do that Bridge to a better one?

0 Likes
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

@wine4don wrote:

Thank you I was able to connect the new one.. this might no be the place to ask this.. if I wanted to hookup a stronger wireless netgear router.. then this little one.. can I do that Bridge to a better one?

You can. The Bridge settings are found in the general Internet connection setup in that modem.

0 Likes